Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello 2015,

I am excited to meet you!

This past year has been such an eventful year. I think I say that every year but it's true.

I don't use the web cam option on my computer that much but, I have to admit, it is pretty cool

Here are some questions:
What is the most memorable thing that has happened in 2014?
What is the biggest thing you have overcome this past year? what have you learned?
What are you looking forward to most in 2015?
What are you planning to accomplish in the upcoming year? what is your New Year's resolution?


      Obviously the most memorable thing is the first time I ever met my new little brothers. I was so apprehensive before we ever met them. I was worried they wouldn't like us, that they wouldn't know what to do with siblings that are so much older than them. But as soon as I met them all my fears disappeared. My sister Savannah says it was the opposite for her. The adoption process is getting along pretty smoothly actually. The adoption isn't final yet so technically as of right now, we are still a foster family.
     Another memorable thing that has happened is going on a road trip with my Grandma to Michigan. I wrote a blog post about that here if you haven't seen it already.

      The biggest thing that I have overcome this year is actually a lot of personal issues. It's hard to put it into words but this year God has really stretched me. I tried to figure out just what to say but I really can't. I actually left a rambling comment somewhere out there on the interwebs proving my point exactly. I hope whoever reads it won't mind.
        I have learned that it often shows greater wisdom to keep your mouth shut than to declare your own opinion in the absolutely most definitive terms you can possibly think of. You may find you learn more by listening, and - wonder of wonders! You just may just change your mind. I am overcoming my shyness by stepping out of my safe zone and trying to meet new people.

What I look forward to most in 2015 is starting college. Finally! I plan on attending University of West Florida and am going to send my application in as soon as possible. (next week I hope!) I've got an audition lined up already with the music department on February 21. Wish me luck and pray! A lot of things have gone on in my life that I am actually surprised I am not further behind then I am!

As far as my future goals? Well more of the same. Listen more, learn more, develop a healthy personal routine, read my Bible more, listen to God more, pray more. I want to write a song, learn to sing... So many things are ahead of me right now!

I leave you 2014, with warm memories. I am glad you were part of my life and even though we must part I am better off having known you. Hello 2015, please be as good a teacher as last year and hopefully a good friend too. Just, don't break my heart or leave me "staring across the Milky Way, feeling lost and confused" like those other years I won't name.

Onwards!


Please, if you want you can answer the questions in the comments below. I would love to read them! Also I would be super impressed if you could tell me who that quote is from at the very end about the Milky Way. It's not exact word for word but pretty close. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay, we get to be music buddies at UWF! :D Don't stress too much about the audition; the faculty are super nice and the atmosphere is very comfortable. I'm sure you'll have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me happy! I will be looking for you! :) If all goes well I should start in the fall.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts, it makes things interesting around here! ;)