Friday, March 1, 2013

Zippidy Doo Da



Lately I have really, really been enjoying my life. This stop in Florida (I am still a bit cautious to presume I know how long) has given me some time to breath. I think of it as a longed for oasis in the middle of a wilderness. While travelling through the wilderness God gave me the ability to endure it but now that we've gotten to this place of rest I don't ever want to leave it. If we must go on we must, but I just think I am in paradise right now.

My baby brother is growing so fast! If you are friends with me on Facebook you have seen many posts about how down right adorable he is! I thank God for him all the time. It is scary to think that he may have been taken from us. I love watching him grow. I love seeing him worship God.

I am chugging away at my schooling. I am determined to get this done. It is hard work for me, but I do it and it leaves me satisfied (and sometimes elated!) when I make some progress.

I could tell you a lot of fun things we have been doing since we've been here.

Recently I have been working on writing a summary of my life. Delving into such detail and still having to condense the story has given me a "twenty thousand foot view" that leaves me in awe. Considering God's grace, his protection and guidance in my life, brings me to tears. I cannot comprehend his love for me.

This old hymn is exactly what I am talking about.

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now I am found,
Was blind but now I see!"

I have wandered, I have blinded myself, but he brought me back! Why couldn't I understand sooner that going my own way was a path full of briers?

But now, oh my oh my, nothing can ever take me away. No matter what trials God sees fit to put me through I will never lose sight of him, or loose grasp of his hand again.

So in this new phase in my life, where it seems everything is easy (i. e. Florida), it gives me a chance to look behind and bow down and worship God. Then all I could do was look forward and cling. Now I can look back and leap for joy. Now I can bow at his feet and give thanks, not for what he will do in the future, but for what he has already done.

Can you understand why I am so happy? Do you see why I love everything? I have joy, I have peace, and on top of that I have it easy. I am experiencing now, what I prayed for then!
"Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD for he is good! For his mercy endures forever."Psalm 106:1

"I'll bless the LORD at all times and all ways his praise shall ever be within my mouth!" Psalm 34:1

This is why I sing in the grocery stores, this is why I skip and sing "Zippity Doo Da!" This is why I like to sing nursery rhymes very loudly in the middle of the parking lot and laugh at my embarrassed sister. This is why I laugh and smile. This is why I love going to church. This is why I can read depressing news stories and then the next moment chase my baby brother around the house. I have hope. I have peace. I have God.

4 comments:

  1. Lydia, this is just awesome to read and even more to see on a daily basis. I am so glad you express yourself clearly in your writings. You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are a blessing to me. :)

      Delete
    2. "journey" is so right. You do well with puting your feelings to paper. I am so glad that you are happy in Florida.

      Blessings,
      Rachel

      Delete
    3. In the Lindstroms old house there used to be hanging in the bathroom I believe, a picture of a girl doing chores and things. It was captioned, "Don't do what you you but love what you do." Ever since I read that I have been trying to put it into practise. It is easier than I thought it would be. I am happy in Florida but I do miss Missouri and everyone in it. I am very glad I saw that picture.
      Thank you for dropping a line! :)

      Delete

Please share your thoughts, it makes things interesting around here! ;)