Sunday, February 10, 2013

Are We There Yet?

[Here is a collection of recent Facebook status's]

February 6, 2013
An answer to prayer today. It looks like we will be moving into a rental in Florida this Friday. I am a little nervous. Actually a lot. What does this imply for our lives? Is this God's leading? It is hard to tell since we were so grossly mistaken just a few months prior to this. But why was I praying for this in the first place if I am going to be doubtful of it now? I am excited about this though. It has been a while since we have had our own house. The questions is, will it be home? Sometimes I wonder, will this ever end? Will we ever know, or at least have a general idea of, what lies ahead? Surely God must be behind all of this - He never fails to have a reason or a plan. Tell me that there is no God? Well then I would go mad if I ever were to believe it.

"All things must work together for my [continued] salvation." [addition mine]

Like this rental house in Florida. My life needs salvation not just my soul. If this is going to be part of my life, it will be part of God's salvation and His blessing in my life.


--------------------
 Who ever thought that I would live in Florida? Trust me, I have been more expectant of houseboats, horse pulled RVs, tree houses, FOREIGN COUNTRIES, or quite simply an improvement in Dad's health then ever living in Florida. You know, that place where Michal Sam and Fiona from Burn Notice live, the place where people walking in bikinis in the middle of the street is completely normal, and explosions happening around every corner. The place where there are no natives and only summer time crowds for the beaches. Where it is so sunny and that farmer on the side of the Florida Orange Juice carton hands you an orange through the trees and it becomes a glass of juice on the other side. In my mind, Florida has never really existed and has only been there on the television and in my grocery store bins in he form of oranges. Guess what y'all? Turns out it's a real place. And Miami and Tallahassee are not the only cities in the state. Who knew?
 ------------------------
And there is more to Florida than beaches. I even discovered there are Christians in this place! Sorry yes, maybe I have done Florida an injustice in the past, even then I *knew* there were Christians, but now I have seen them with my very own eyes!

And I am just rambling on and on, on my own status. Sorry for bothering y'all maybe I should have written this in my journal instead.

February 7, 2013
My camera has been lost since November. With that information alone I have been able to narrow down the search to three states - Louisiana, Alabama or Florida. :-/ Maybe we'll find it as we're busy packing... *over shoulder* I HAVE BEEN BUSY PACKING THIS WHOLE TIME, MOM.
---------
I FOUND IT!!!!!! Wahoo! Yippee! Hooray!
 
February 8, 2013
Friday morning, snugly baby, Three Billy Goats Gruff, where's my deodorant? did you pack it?!, feet hurt, still packing, cereal for breakfast, supposed to leave by eleven o'clock. Busy Day.
 
 

We made it. Wow. I now live in Florida. I am sitting in what is now the toddlers play room on a foam mattress pad in my mismatched PJs. Let me just ask this one more time.... What are you doing, God? Is this it, Florida? For how long? A season, a year, three, ten? The rest of my life?

Florida. Really. This was certainly unexpected. Thank you for the food and all the help unloading our stuff Mrs.... Smith and Bethany! I love the yard. And the bike path out the back gate. I will tell all y'all about it later.

For now you can just picture mean laying in my temporary bed my mind turning to a pile a mush with this accumulated load of changes. Just think. At this very moment Lydia Harris is losing her mind to a big pile of Jello sloshing around on the inside of her skull. By the time morning comes around she should be giddy because most definitely the sugar will have reached her brain.
 
Okay... never mind. Don't think too hard about that.
 
I am sure the damage is repairable.

Florida? I came from the mountains. Wow.
 
February 9, 2013

First day is going well in our new house. Dare I call it home?

I love, love, love the pantry! I can't wait to start living in this house. :)

Our little brother is doing well and does not seem to be too stressed about the move. Grandma came with us to help move in. She cleaned counters and bathrooms and watched the baby for us as everyone moved in heavy boxes. She left this morning and J------ ...waved and yelled "Bye!" as she drove away. Before she left my sister and I took J------- with us and we walked with Grandma a little ways down the bike path. On our way back Grandma hailed one of the cyclist and asked about the path and how long it was etc. Right now he is taking his nap. He fell asleep almost as soon as I walked out of the room. It's been busy the last few days. He is tired.

First lunch was pita bread sandwiches and oranges.

The dogs still aren't used to the cyclist riding by all the time. They bark a lot, but not loudly or incessantly - only as they pass and then they're quite right away. I think they will get used to them.


February 10, 2013

So, I have decided to call this house home. I am looking forward to finally hopefully settling down somewhere. Hey, I would have been fine with the top of a volcano after all of this. But Florida is much better than a volcano. Thank God it's Florida and not the rim of a volcano. Phew! that took a load off of my mind. ;)

Still I really really wonder why God brought us in such a roundabout way to get to Florida. I mean a 14 hour and 22 minute drive would have been so much simpler. But I am content not knowing, don't mistake me on that. It's just, I don't know... curiosity? No that's not the word... Really I am in awe. By no means is it a doubtfulness of what good He has in store for us.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

For my good. For the good of our family. That is why we are in Florida. This is good for us. This is good for our little two year old. This is good for my sixteen year old brother. This is good for my younger sister, for me, and my parents. Florida is good.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Praise Him all creatures here below!
Praise Him above ye heavenly host,
Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, it makes things interesting around here! ;)