Friday, November 11, 2011

The Ideal World Clinic

        

     Okay so I know I've been real quiet around here I've got a lot on my plate right now! Among other things tomorrow mine and Savannah's Girl Scout troop is having an event. It's called the Ideal World Clinic. Now it's the "Take Action Project" that goes with the book we were going through "GirlTopia" I really didn't like the book because of all the things they had in it. Buddha, Wicca, femenistic propaganda, things like that. (Our girl scout troop did a lot of "tweaking" and filtering, we're all Christians.) So anyways at the end we're supposed to take action and make an impact in the community, so this is what we came up with.


       There are five rooms, each girl or a team of two girls is given a room to be in charge of. They come up with a topic, something that is important to them that would make their world ideal. There was one about animals, women throughout history, fitness, art. The title of each room starts out "In an Ideal World:..." My sisters is called "In an Ideal World: We eat healthy foods" Hers is about herbs and GMO foods. Mine is called "In an Ideal World: We Embrace our Womanhood" Mine is about the biblical role of women.

So that's what I've been concentrating on for a while now, getting my speech ready and the power point and worksheets and everything. We're going to try to record both Savannah and I when we give our presentations and I will try to post them up on here when the whole thing's over.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm sorry to say the videos didn't work out. We got the video all right but no audio... something allways goes wrong when we are really planning on recording something. Oh well, I still have my speech and the power point... maybe I will find a way to get it rigged up on here. Savannah'd didn't have much of a speech, it was mostly activeties and trying different teas... there was a group discussion so I can't really record that. I will try and see if she will let me post her little bit too. It was really good, her room was professional, with a sign board, demonstrations, and everything.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, it makes things interesting around here! ;)