Tuesday, August 23, 2011

All For God... Really? All of It?


     Lately I've been thinking about how my life honors God. Am I really giving it all to him? Am I doing all in my power to give a true and real reflection of Him? Well while considering this I ran across two things that I have placed a higher priority on than God. Music and the clothes I wear. Let's talk about this in the order they came to me.


     First my clothes. I have the typical teenage girls closet but with a (somewhat unwilling) attempt at modesty. Why was I unwilling? "What will people think of me? Guys won't notice me." Yes I hate to say it but that is what I thought, and sometimes still think. I have some things in my drawers that the only reason why I didn't wear it is because my parents wouldn't like it. Really is that all that was keeping me back? But God has got a major construction project going on in my heart and part of that is changing my priority's, this being one of them. I ask myself what statement am I putting out when I wear this? Is this honoring to God or is this just me trying to draw attention to myself? Do I want this attention? Now I can say I really do believe that the kind of clothes I wear is advertising what kind of husband I'm looking for. If I dress worldly I will get a worldly husband. No, this is not what I want so I will throw away the clothes that I see are not honoring to God. I should be concerned with what God thinks of me not man.

     Second is the music. It's been floating around in the back of my head for a while but  still was too stubborn to do anything about it. Friends and people I know listen to it why can't I? Grant it I never did go for hard rock but I listened to other music that were not honoring to God at all. I've only really got down to business on this this past week while getting music to play at my sweet sixteen party. I realised a lot of the songs I thought I liked, when I stopped to really listen to the words to see if they were appropriate, had some not so good indications, thinking patterns. Lot's of them were fine except the artist had to add just that one line or just had to use that one word. In result my playlist is smaller than I thought it would but I don't really miss those songs. Now I look at those songs with disgust almost. Sure they're catchy and fun to sing but they're filled with carnal thoughts.

     How can a Christian be really a true reflection of God when he is still living like the world? We are told in Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Is it God's will that we fill our minds with these kind of thoughts? Christians are supposed to be a light to the world. How can we do that if we look just like the world? We must give our lifes to our Lord and Creator; all of it. Then we will be made into the person He wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, it makes things interesting around here! ;)