Saturday, June 4, 2011

Why Should Cross and Trial Grieve Me?


                                                    "make a way that we may enter heav'nly glory."
                                                    


Why should cross and trial grieve me? Christ is near with his cheer;
never will he leave me. Who can rob me of the heaven
that God's Son for my own to my faith hath given

God oft gives me days of gladness; shall I grieve if he give
seasons too, of sadness? God is good and tempers ever
all my ill, and he will wholly leave me never.

Death cannot destroy for-ever; from our fears, cares, and tears
it will us deliver. It will close life's mournful story,
make a way that we may enter heav'nly glory.

Lord, my Shepherd, take me to thee. Thou art mine; I was thine,
even ere I knew thee. I am thine, for thou hast bought me;
lost I stood, but thy blood free salvation brought me.

Thou art mine; I love and own thee. Light of joy, ne'er shall I
from my heart dethrone. Savior, let me soon behold thee
face to face; my thy grace evermore enfold me!

~I found this song in our hymnal. I really like the lyrics ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, it makes things interesting around here! ;)