Monday, June 27, 2011

Learning to Love


          Last night I was cleaning up a mess after Grandpa in the bathroom and I learned something. Usually Grandma does it but she was eating and I didn't want to disturb her. Paper towls in hand wiping the floor I learned a lesson about love.
          Grandma has never once complained to Grandpa, patiently and silently she cleans up after him every day, multiple times. She very rarely loses her temper with him and she makes up excuses for him to us not wanting to see his imperfections. She sometimes points out habits he's had since they were first married, clinging to the husband he once was. She's told my Dad it's like she's lost him. In his place is a toddler. She misses her old husband. But still she cares for him patiently and always loving him. Keeping her wedding vows "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health"
            But here I was complaining to myself. I felt ashamed but then smiled when I thought of Grandma. I will learn to love like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, it makes things interesting around here! ;)