Thursday, April 7, 2011

My God, The Only God

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, is work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He.

2 Samuel 22:31
As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust Him.

Job 34:10
Therefore listen to me, you men of understanding: Far be it from God to do wickedness, And from the Almighty to commit iniquity

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock and my deliverer; My God my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

     With a God like this how can we not worship Him? God is perfect, and God is our strength and Rock. We the creatures are in no position to blame the Creator with wrong doing. Even if things in life aren't perfect God is perfect, sovereign, and the only place to turn to for shelter. As a bolder shelters those from the wind , so does God shelter us from trials and tribulations. Bad things may happen but with God (boulder) at our backs it is not as bad as it could be. God is a God of truth. All his promises we read in the Bible He will keep.
     Think about it, can people claim all of this for their false gods? No! Often times these gods, if you read the stories, were immoral, evil, and the cause of the peoples sufferings. The people served these gods in fear committing many atrocities trying to apeace their wrath. Human sacrifices and self mutilations were presented to these gods for nothing. Can a stone face really see, hear, comprehend?
     Our God is the one true God. He is perfect, loving and all powerful. The false gods are just a reflection of man. They are sinful and are not in control, even Zeus the god of gods had to manipulate to get what he wanted.

     God is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, a God of truth an without injustice; Righteous and upright is He.

2 comments:

  1. Savannah and Lydia,
    Hi yawl! How are you girlies. I'm doing ok, I GUESS... I'm sorry I haven't written to you girls in forever! After we found out about mom, things have been going CRAZY! We haven't gotten any school done either! UGH!! I guess that's what happens when things like this occur. We will be getting news of what is going on after Friday, so I guess I'll message you then! Well.... I have to go sweep the floor now! SOOO exciting! :(
    Love you girlies!
    Bekah and Sarah(mostly Bekah)
    P.S. that making sure you're not a robot thing, is actually kinda hard to read! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write yall a letter. I heard the news a few days ago! I have been praying and our church is too! I know how scary it can be when something like this happens. Pray pray pray! And read your Bible! God is your Rock and your comfort. He will always take care of you.

    I get those thing wrong all the time. Ha!

    I have another blog post coming soon about the Mayfest we went to with some friends... and then... after that, well we have some big news. We just have to get all the details worked out. (Don't get worried though... nothing permanent or life changing!) I have more I want to tell yall but I'll save it for the letter.... actually I'll send yall an email.

    Love you and miss you too! I can't wait until we see you in May. I am so ecited. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, it makes things interesting around here! ;)